Network OperationsThe network that never sleeps
About the role:
You’ll support the Operations department by providing technical support for a large New York City Transit DAS project. Key responsibilities are to take advantage of your familiarity with RF network principles relating to cellular and DAS network architecture, cellular air protocols, knowledge of wireless link budgets, base station (BTS) hardware and familiarity with RF test equipment.
- Primarily responsible for installing, supporting, and maintaining network switches and Wi-Fi Access Points over fiber optics medium; perform routine testing, monitoring and backups of network configurations and servers.
- Install, configure, and maintain necessary hardware for high-availability, resilient, LAN/ /WAN infrastructure.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades and patches on various different network devices.
- Perform system backups and recovery of all operational devices.
- Document, track, and monitor network-related problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Assist in administration, maintenance, development and implementation of policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of information and availability of systems.
- Assist in administration of Window Servers (file server, domain controller, web server and DB server).
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/IS or related field. Relevant certification(s) preferred. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in network and server administration.
- Experience in Wi-Fi preferred, but not required. Strong background in Network Engineering and Architecture with a particular focus in security and high-availability, large‐scale environments.
- Experience in the following network protocols: TCP, UDP, IP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with following network technologies: ACLs, VLANs, QoS, RADIUS.
- Familiarity with Wi-Fi communication protocols and technologies such as 802.11 b/g/n, MIMO, TKIP, AES, WEP, WPA.
- Good understanding of MS Server platforms (Windows Server 2k8 / 2012).
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong conceptual and technical abilities.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
If you have the skills, experience and attitude for the role, submit an application here. Shortlisted candidates will be put forward a face to face interview shortly thereafter.