new york city interconnectivity
Transit Wireless keeps New York City connected via its 160-mile, carrier grade, 864-strand count fiber optic network that links to five Transit Wireless data centers, also called Base Station Hotels, strategically located through New York City. Through our fiber network, we can deliver multiple connectivity options for current and future communications needs.
These options include:
• Carrier class, high-speed Ethernet
• Internet connectivity
• Wavelength (Wave Division Multiplexing) transport for applications that demand high bandwidth
• Dark Fiber services that offer the ultimate option for capacity, control and security.
• Critical Fiber Applications
• Data Colocation
Having built a secure, resilient, high-speed fiber optic network for the New York City subway project, Transit Wireless has unique expertise in designing and developing fiber network solutions. Learn more about our ability to deliver fiber network solutions to business enterprises and municipalities, all supported by our 24 x 7 x 365 operations support.
Fiber optic Ethernet services are the gold standard for reliable, high performance, connectivity. Ethernet is an especially robust solution for large bandwidth needs such as the secure transfer of data and images for multi-location business enterprises such as trading firms, video serving and hospital systems. It is also the optimal backhaul solution for wireless carriers that depend on Transit Wireless Ethernet to connect their customers in the New York City underground subway stations to their wireless networks. Small wonder then that Ethernet is universally the most widely installed network connectivity technology.
Transit Wireless Ethernet is available as a fully-managed carrier-class service.
Service Details, Connectivity & Flexibility
- Point-to-point, point-to-multi, multi-to-multi configurations
- Connect LANs within transit hubs
- Predictable end-to-end application performance & network control
- Fully managed with low Total Cost of Ownership
- Add locations and scale bandwidth quickly and over the same interface
- Support multiple services from one interface – VoIP, video and more
Having built a secure and robust fiber optic Ethernet network to serve the transit system in one of the most challenging infrastructures in America, and as a provider to major U.S. wireless carriers, Transit Wireless is fully prepared to address your organization’s Ethernet needs, too.
The Transit Wireless fiber optic network offers superbly reliable broadband transport for internet connections.
High speed fiber optic-network-based internet solutions are recognized as far superior to DSL or cable because of the fiber optic networks connect to the internet instantaneously and can transfer large quantities of data quickly. Additionally, fiber optic networks have the capacity to increase data transfer speeds with on-demand scalability.
Transit Wireless fiber internet connectivity delivers:
- Secure, upgradeable solutions that enable seamless website and application access
- Simplified network architecture that increases network reliability
- Lateral diversity option that provides an additional fiber pair on a separate physical path
Transit Wireless can provide secure and scalable network services on dedicated fiber and optical equipment through Wave Division Multiplex (WDM) Transport, also known as Wavelength Service. Wavelength Service provides organizations with the security and dependability of their own private network more efficiently and cost-effectively and with less in-house expertise required. Transit Wireless Wavelength Service is available with:
- 1G, 2.5G, 10G, 40G or 100G
- LAN PHY and WAN PHY options
- The ability to specify protocols and security measures
- Option to stipulate A-Z path
- Flexible network topologies, single or multiple waves
- Single point of accountability
Privately managed enterprise networks benefit from the security, speed, availability and cost-effectiveness of dark fiber connectivity via unrestricted use of dedicated strands of an existing fiber optic network. Dark fiber delivers advanced solutions with unmatched affordability and simplicity as well as:
- Unrestricted access to unlimited bandwidth
- Cost-effective pricing for long-term savings
- More efficient network management
- Flexible agreement options
- Network diversity and redundancy
The security, bandwidth and availability of the Transit Wireless fiber optic network make it the ideal delivery system for a range of critical applications:
- Wireless backhaul solutions
- Managed private networks
- Video transmission
- Secure high-speed medical imaging transmission
- Financial transactions and electronic trading
- Enterprise buildings/Wide Area Networks
- Outdoor DAS network connectivity
Colocating your data with Transit Wireless means you’ll also get on-time interconnection, fast market entry, reduced capital expenditure and customizable solutions. Whether your company seeks to enhance data security, expand bandwidth, extend your network reach or achieve cost savings, there are many smart reasons to consider data center colocation with Transit Wireless.
The Transit Wireless fiber optic network was designed to meet the communications demands of the largest and most complex 24-hour transit system in North America. To meet these exacting needs, we maintain a Network Operations Center to monitor the network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and provide onsite emergency remediation, as needed.