HIGH PERFORMANCE NETWORKS
The Transit Wireless WiFi network in the New York City subway underground stations is designed to provide a multitude of services and applications including:
- Internet connectivity for consumers; basic free service or premium subscription service;
- Media and content delivery;
- Business to business services such as:
- Cellular offload
- Secure, private networks
- Machine to machine (M2M) and internet of things (IoTs) connectivity
Design & Construction
Whether it’s a transit system project, municipal Wi-Fi or a corporate network, Transit Wireless brings a superior level of engineering and project management expertise to every Wi-Fi project. We deliver turnkey solutions that include design, equipment specification and installation, connectivity, authentication and network operations.
Transit Wireless has deployed a high speed, robust Wi-Fi experience integrated with a sophisticated, advanced advertising platform that offers brands direct engagement with consumers on the go. Mobile devices such as cellphones and tablets are fully integrated into the lifestyles of New York City’s six million daily subway riders. What better way to reach and connect with this large captive audience than advertising your brand or product on the Transit Wireless WiFi™ network?
Learn more about advertising opportunities by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Wi-Fi Services
- Wi-Fi roaming is available on any device on the Transit Wireless WiFi network.
- Brands or companies interested in creating their own SSID for their customers have the ability utilizing the public Wi-Fi network in the New York City underground.
- Cellular offloading, also known as Wi-Fi offloading, is the use of complementary network technologies for delivering data originally targeted for wireless coverage. Offloading significantly reduces the amount of data being carried on the cellular bands, freeing up bandwidth within a given area or network.
Wi-Fi Network Operations
The 5,000 wireless network access points, 4,000 antennas and nearly 400 RF nodes and power supplies in the Transit Wireless New York City underground subway station network require constant monitoring and maintenance. Our Network Operations Center monitors the service 24x7x365, enabling us to provide onsite, emergency remediation when needed. New York City never sleeps – and neither does Transit Wireless.